Air Products is a leading industrial gases company. Since 1940, we’ve been providing atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and related equipment to manufacturing markets including metals, food and beverage, refining and petrochemical, and natural gas liquefaction.
Air Products’ European Service Centre plays an important role in ensuring that our customers, vendors, employees and business partners receive a first class service. More than 300 employees from 30 different nationalities contribute to a unique multi-cultural atmosphere. Our stakeholders are located across Europe and the Middle East. Do you want to be part of it?
We are currently seeking for a Payroll Specialist for Belgium. This role will include processing all salary information, payroll-related expenses and timesheets, input of pay/personnel changes and answering any payroll related queries. You will therefore have essential experience of Social Security/Taxation/statutory payments/payroll-related legislation and be able to manage the end to end process including Company RSU and stock option programs of the assigned payroll country. Experience of working with SAP payroll system is essential.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of the payroll for our blue- and white-collar employees.
- Ensure fixed payroll data is accurately and timely transferred to regional payroll platform from SAP HR
- Enter variable pay data into Payroll System
- Understand and be able to work with the NSSO website (declarations long-term illness or progressive work).
- Initiate the monthly pay cycles and resolve pay generation issues
- Manage expatriate payments for international assignees for assigned countries
- Review system generated reports, determine if accurate processing was accomplished, and correct any errors
- Participate in internal controls design and testing (SOX)
- Perform Ad Hoc reporting of payroll data
- Perform tasks to establish and maintain employee payroll and benefits records (wages, commissions, incentives, hospitalization and other insurance policies, pension schemes).
- Respond to inquiries for the payrolls of assigned countries
- Actively participate in payroll related work process improvement initiatives
- Document all outside the system work practices and operating guidelines for assigned payrolls
- Participate in the development of best practices within the scope of payroll processing
- Perform payroll control reconciliations (specifically DMFA)
- Collaborate with external provider(s), stay current on payroll practices and regulations for the countries
- Develop relationships with provider and Country HR Managers to ensure the smooth flow of payroll related information
- Provide effective service to internal customers
- Remit payments to tax and social insurance authorities and benefits providers; complete and submit any required regulatory forms
- Calculate tax gross-ups for special payments
- Establish payroll withholdings for court orders
- Generate off-cycle payments as required
Additionally, you will provide an effective and efficient administrative support to the local HR function. To effectively carry out this role you will be required to be highly confidential, pro-active, well organized and a confident communicator with a proven track record of working in a customer service environment.
- You have experience with compensation and benefits.
- Administration and accuracy are your passion.
- Knowledge of accounting is a big plus.
- You speak Dutch, French, English very well (working language). Arab is a plus.
- Planning, accuracy and customer focus are your focus.
- You are resistant to stress and meet deadlines in time.
- A good knowledge of Excel is required.
- At least 3-year relevant payroll experience
- SAP Payroll or any other payroll platform
- Experience in an international HR Services/Payroll environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth & development.
- You will find a great company with a multicultural environment and real possibilities of professional development.